Simple Lentil Soup
This simple recipe is for everyone and so delicious!
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 celery stock
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- Put a large cooking pot on over medium heat. Add a glug of olive oil and let it heat up.
- Chop up your carrot, celery stock, onion, and garlic, then add to your pot. An optional addition would be to add in a 12-14 ounce can of tomatoes or/and add a splash of red wine.
- While vegetables are cooking, rinse your lentils in your kitchen sick.
- Add rinsed lentils to your pot.
- Add bay leaf to your pot. An optional addition would be to add a couple handfuls of spinach.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cook for 45 minutes, or until lentils are cooked through.
This recipe was adapted from Mark Bitman’s, How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, a Red Hill Medical favorite!